and a lot has been going on!!! My last post we are just about to start the wood floor process. While the work was being done, we had to be out of the house for 2 (TWO) weeks! We were lucky enough to get to stay in Candi and Greg's cabin!!!! BEST stay-cation we ever had! They didn't only offer their cabin to us, but they provided gourmet meals and lots of entertainment! Needless to say, we had a blast and are very thankful for their generosity!!!
Meanwhile at the home place, the floors were getting all fixed up, and they look fabulous!!
Let the moving in proceed!! We were able to get all things out of storage before the month was upπ.
And I am slowly figuring out where to put everything!! It's been so fun. I have unwrapped things that I have forgotten about, and unwrapped some things and said "why the heck do I still have this"!! So, I have done a little cleaning out. My rule is: find a place for your favorite things withOUT being crowded and what doesn't fit, doesn't stay!!!
some sweet treasures I found:
 |
| My swim team jacket π. It is so tiny! I was in the second grade, so many memories. I'm going to display it with all of Tim and the boys memorabilia and trophiesπ
!! I have 2 trophies myself (the fellows have never been too impressed with this accomplishment)ππ |
 |
| This was my sweet little doggie! |
 |
| Bunnykin!!!! The bowl on left was mine as a child, and the 2 on the right are Parker and Luke's!ππ The 2 piggy banks are the boys also. When they were 2 or 3, they climbed up a chest of drawers (yes, that's right) and of course it fell over - and no, no children were injured - but those 2 piggy banks were crushed! I was sick, so I saved every single piece I could find and saved them for a day I felt like I could attempt to put them back together. Well, 26 YEARS later, after 2 moves and 1 remodel (I add this bc I can't believe I kept them so long), I broke down and asked mom if she would take them to this lady who puts together broken things. Yall!!!! You can not even tell these were ever broken, much less in a thousand pieces!! She was impressed I had saved so many of the pieces π. Heehee. She is SO TALENTED! I only wish I had a before picture! |
 |
| All this- all this is extra china- and not even all of it! Some is our wedding china, some from my gramma, a good bit from my great great aunts, and the set on the far left was designed by a good friends uncle. Treasures π |
Tim and I had our first attempt on shoe molding! And we nailed it!! (pun intended) We have finished the dining room and the closet in the den. This weekend we plan on finishing the rest, which means the big room, den, hallway, hall closet, and the kitchen π. So much for Labor Day being about no labor - but that's the way we have always spent the holiday- but it's usually yard work π£
There is not only progress in the house, but progress on re-building of the barn π
 |
| Last step, pulling up the concrete |
 |
| The beginning! |
No comments:
Post a Comment