In other news, we have almost finished with the baseboards in the kitchen (this was on the weekend list also). Last week, we picked up a chair that we got recovered and took a chair, so we should pick that up this Friday. The local furniture store was having a big sale😀, so we bought a loveseat, which I will pick up tomorrow!!! So the only thing left on our furniture list is getting someone to make our table and deciding on a mattress (then waiting for it to go on sale😉)! We would like info on getting a cast iron sink refinished, so if anyone has information, please share. I think I can say that there are several rooms that are now complete (I mean, is any room ever really complete😊).
Tim surprised me with this authentic tobacco basket!!!! I love it. He did great picking it out.
| Until now! A new look, but still treasured and loved as always! |
And being that it is fall, I can bring out one of my most favorite decorations. This is a turkey candle holder that Luke made in 2nd or 3rd grade 😍! Fall also means (besides pumpkin spice everything)
Pecans, pecans and more pecans😍😍. I can't tell you how much fun I have gathering up pecans! It is very much like my favorite pass time - shark teeth hunting, minus the sounds of waves crashing. But hey, when you can't go to the beach everyday, but you can go to the pecan trees, you take what you can get! And this week it has been awesome (just like the beach me and cousin Carrie go to) when you bend over to pick up one tooth (pecan) you come up with a handful!!! HOW awesome is that!! I'm sure most normal (non shark teeth hunting) people have no clue why I ramble so about this hunting of teeth - but I know you not-so-normal people know exactly what I am talking about😃.
Speaking of teeth.... Tim took me on a surprise trip (kind-of), he planned the whole thing so everything was a surprise. We went to Fernandina Beach for the night. Yes, the Packers were playing a football game 30 min away, and yes we did go, and yes that's why the trip was planned - but we didn't have to go, but we did - so that makes it FUN! We stayed in this really neat Inn, the oldest inn in Florida, it was like a bed and breakfast (and they did have a fabulous breakfast). We had a great time. One of the things he planned was to take me to the beach and look for sharks teeth💜. It was rainy, but there was a small window that allowed us to spend about an hour on the beach!! It is one of my most favorite places ever! The beach that is, any beach, any time of the year!
Another thing that we checked off our list, was getting the underneath of the pack barn cleaned out. Being that I don't have a before picture, you will need to close your eyes and picture what it looked like. You couldn't really tell what was under there, you just knew it was a LOT! Well, we have been looking for someone who was willing to go under the barn and pull everything out, and haven't had much luck (who can blame them). But after Hurricane Irma, my boss had two fellows that helped him clean up his yard, and he got them several jobs in his neighborhood. Well a few weeks later, they needed work again, and come asking. We found our guys! Roy and Fernando! Tim picked them up, brought them to the house, explained the job, gave them gloves, and they dove under! Tim said they didn't even blink their eyes. Jumped on the project and just like that, were done!!! Roy and Fernando are welcomed back any time they need work!
| Can you believe this is UNDER the barn! Wow |
| Just a small sampling of the findings. Tim hauled off 2 trailer loads. There were some treasures kept! |
**Update on the Refrigerator: We had 2 frigs in the outside closets. Well we sold 1 cause ours was suppose to be here the next week (which was 2 weeks ago). So now we are all crammed into one, which is in the closet across the carport. It's now been 12 weeks - that is 3 months- that we have NOT had a refrigerator inside the house!!! They tell us it could be this week.... lets pray that is true!
I have so much to comment on about this post, I don't know where to start, so I'll just dive right in. Give Tim a hug from me, and tell him that it was this exact time of year in 1981 that I got appendecitis and had to have an emergency appendectomy!!! It's like me and Tim are TWINS!! Anyhoo.....I hope you are still on schedule with all the construction deadlines..especially with getting a fridge in the house!!! That's crazy, girl!!! I'm super jealous of the Shark Teeth Hunting.....Mackenzie and I are INSANE about that!!! We could do it all day. And under the pack house looks amazing!! I can't wait to see what you do with all the treasures you found. I wish I could get some pecans from your yard. Nobody up here has one, and if they do, they'll let you come pick for a fee, and I can't afford to remortgage the house for some dang nuts!!! Ok, I'm keeping this short, but I love the blog. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete