because the REFRIGERATOR has finally arrived!!!!!! Whoop whoop and a double whoop whoop!! Now, you are probably expecting a frig that has a TV on it, or that can tell you if you are out of milk while you are at the store, or one that prepares meals itself (whoa, that's genius), so before you are disappointed, I feel the need to warn you, it isn't any of those things. Why then did it take from Sept 4th to Oct 31st to finally get the frig in the house, you ask (we actually have been without one inside the house since July- we just thought when we were ready and ordered it would be no less than 1 week - silly us.) Well, when you want it to be counter-depth, and a side-by-side (vs the freezer on the bottom - due to the island this wasn't an option), your choices go from many to not so many. Then you add smudge-proof or fingerprint-proof, you just dropped down to TWO options. Oddly enough, both were out of stock. One we had just purchased for the other house, which was fine, but there were micro micro things that annoyed me. So why not try the other one I said to myself! The scary thing was the fact that I couldn't actually see it, touch it, open and close it, pull out the drawers, you know - check it out before I had to order the thing. That was nerve racking for sure! But good thing is, I like it!
I will add, one reason this has been so very crazy, is that the store kept giving us conflicting information! One minute they would say it would be another 2 wks out, then the very next minute I would get a message saying they are delivery it tomorrow. This happened like 3 times. Then 2 wks ago, they called and said it is now going to be Nov 21st!!! Then, seriously- no joke, one hour later they called saying it would be delivered Monday!! It was just all so crazy! Just like Gerry said their right hand doesn't know what their left hand is doing!! Then on top of all that, we were really scared to let them deliver it inside the house!! What if they scratched up the floors, dent a wall, mess up the trim, or damage the frig!! It was all stressful. But I will give them credit, no harm was done to house or frig! Now lets see how many times we head outside to get something to eat or drink😂! I'm going to kick myself if I head out there at 6:00am to get my coffee creamer - in the cold!!
Guess what else is going on around here!!!
First: I will update you on Tim. He is doing much better, but is still very sore. We went to see the surgeon today and they removed the 7 staples and 1 stitch, and she released him to return to work, BUT no lifting anything as heavy or heavier than a gallon of milk! for 5 more weeks!!! So she said after Thanksgiving he should be back in business. She had to make the incision bigger than normal because his appendix was really bad sick and enlarged, and for this reason he is experiencing more pain and has to be super careful not to create a hernia- and one thing we don't want is a hernia!! He can ride the lawn mower tho, so that's a good thing. We both would like to thank Cindy and Brad for mowing our yard this past Saturday. We appreciate it so very much.
Second: I did stay on schedule and get the laundry room torn out. I could not do it all myself 😩 and had to call Brad to come help. The dang electrical outlets caused me great angst! I blew out one outlet, and very glad I didn't electrocute myself 😥 (I don't know why I make Tim nervous😖). I didn't get everything on my list done, but finished what had to be done. The guys have installed the backer board (not sure if that's what its called...but go with it) and started on the tile. They will be finished by the weekend. Then it's up to us to finish the rest.
| The start of something new and different!! |
| Look at these beauties that are blooming on the front bushes!! I can't wait to see the bushes all bloomed, so many buds! |
No comments:
Post a Comment