Saturday, March 3, 2018

Y'all!!! I received such an amazing gift/treasure today from Gerry!!!  She found the pictures of the big house remodel (I think in the 1960's)! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–  What a TREASURE!  It is amazing the difference in the house.  There aren't any pictures of the whole house before, but enough to get an idea of what it looked like!  So of course, I had to share them with y'all πŸ˜‰!


      This PORCH 😍😍😍😍😍 is so my style!  I do wish it was still on the front of the house!   Or I would take it on the back of the house😊  I love those columnsπŸ’• The windows to the far left were in the dining room (now the hall and bath). The windows to the right of that was Gerry and Susan's room (turned into Tommy's room). This view doesn't exist any longer.

This is the original back porch, off of the original kitchen, and off the original bathroom (the window to the left is the bathroom. There was a door to the porch from the bath and the kitchen.)  *Present time: The porch is not there, it is the open area at the french doors off the den, and the past kitchen is now our bedroom.

πŸ˜πŸ’–That porch πŸ’–πŸ˜

I love this picture!! And check out that truck with the wood side rails😍
Looking over the plans
 The changes to the house:  added a bedroom, changed the kitchen to the master bedroom, changed the dining room to a bathroom (removed existing bathroom), changed the master bedroom to the den, added sliding glass door (where bathroom once was), enclosed a side porch and made the dining room, added a kitchen, added a back porch and a side porch (off of dining room). Whew that can make you tired! I hope I got all that right.


The New House
 
 


 The brick was added later. Notice the screened in porch on the right.  What an amazing difference.

3 comments:

  1. so amazing you have pictures of the building. someone gave that great thought to capture the moment. I' so glad. what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And hopefully, 70+ years from now, your grandchildren might be blogging about YOUR remodel and how the house has changed since.....at least I hope so. I would be nice to have the family making memories and having a place to gather just like we did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope it stays in the family and they love it has much as me and Tim do!!!

      Delete