![]() |
| My sweet set up! This was day one, I notice now sitting here, there are piles of papers all around! |
I have been praying that this new time at home will let families really learn the value of family, enjoy their children, find family activities to do together! Boy, how I wish my children were home for all of this! I have seen on Facebook many people "complain" that they are ready for life to get back to normal - and this one friend in particular has posted a good bit about it.... until the other day, she wrote a post and it was fabulous - I will share:
Ponderings from my back porch rocking chair:
2020, the year of Covid 19.
Scratch that.
2020, the year we learned to love fishing and went almost every day.
The year we bought bikes and rode every day. The year we grew a garden
and mommy put fresh vegetables in the freezer and cooked for us every
night. The year we put together huge puzzles and watched movies (with
popcorn) every night. The year mama and daddy were home a lot more
often. The year we learned to do things around the house for ourselves.
The year we “watched” church together every Sunday morning while
snuggled on the couch in our jammies with Charlie on our lap. The year
we slowed down and enjoyed time with loved ones.
Times are crazy and we miss our friends. But there are always good things to be thankful for.
I wanted to scream YES YOU FINALLY GET IT!!! I pray that this is happening all over the country! (I'm totally not picking on her but I loved seeing the transformation of her thoughts)
My biggest prayer is that there will be a great AWAKENING and huge amounts of people are saved and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior!!!! Now that would make this all worth while!
These are some projects I have been working on during this time of HOME:
My niece is an artist at a local store that sells self made goods (owner makes the jewelry, niece makes the pottery, a worker paints, another carves wooden spoons). Super cool store, check them out Dustmade is their name and can be found on FB & IG, and has website. Well, my niece holds pottery classes and since they all had to be cancelled she decided to provide entertainment to people at home (who needed to entertain themselves or their children) she calls it Dustmade to your Doorstep. Each week she delivers a box including a slab of clay, glaze, tools needed, rolling pen, work board, and she post a video of how to make that weeks project! It has been SO FUN!!! She delivers the box on Sunday and picks it back up the following Sunday (and return your previous weeks makings). You can make her suggested project or go rouge and make your own thing, and use left over clay to make anything you like. I have done some of it all. Here are my finished projects:
![]() |
| Wall Hangings |
![]() |
| More wall hangings |
![]() |
| Cutie Patootie Lambs, also a Little dish and vase made from left over clay. |
![]() |
| another weeks left over clay - this was my first vase I made - it's a little wonkyπ |
![]() |
| Totally went rouge on this "mug" week - the little chicken cracks me up, he watches me cook π |
![]() |
| Birthday garland to hang on mantel. (it now is on its string) |
YIKES!!!! and yep, those legs are totally split! Will update you on progress....
If you think you recognize this chest, it may be because it sat under the little barn for months, possibly over a year. It was on Cindy was going to cut down for a bench, but I loved the shape so much I pleaded with her not to cut it up! Well, the drawers wouldn't even open the back was a mess, and well, you see the rest of it! Its a hot mess for sure. I have no place to put it, so haven't been in a real hurry, but with us clearing the barn, I had to make a decision, repair or burn!
Now Tim's project is building his desk. So far we have the legs cut and I have lacquered them. We are using an old door found above in barn, we have cut it down to size. That's as far as we have gotten.
We have also "restored" 2 cast iron frying pans. They had been at the camp and had gotten all rusty. We soaked them in vinegar a couple of days and got off the remaining rust with wire tool. Then we seasoned it. This was all very new to us, but we did it on the gas grill outside so it wouldn't smoke up the house. We oiled it and cooked for an hour, re-oiled and cooked for another hour. We did this 2 nights, and on the 3rd night we let it cook longer to finish. We now have a favorite dish, blackened fish over rice! Y'all, it is so dang good!! Tim cooks the fish (we bought frozen Swai at Sam's), heavily season, cook on the gas grill - we have a side unit on grill for such things- cook in butter, and lawdy mercy, slap yo mama good!!! Another new quarantine thing!
Now on to the barn! It's been slow. We have decided we are not tearing down the ceiling, we are hiring it out. Tim spent 2 weekends suffering from allergies doing one section. It was enough. We got the feel of it π. So, we have been sorting through all the wood and moving it from one side to the other side of the barn π.
![]() |
| Notice anything different here???? The wall is gone! This is standing at the door on the left looking right - all the way thru!! |
![]() |
| All this wood on the right side of barn ... moving |
![]() |
| to the left side.... |
We did remove the door to that room in the corner (the new future bathroom). We have plans for it in the future!
![]() |
| It was always open, I had no idea it looked like this on the other side !π |
![]() | ||
| all cleaned up and hardware removed |
I don't think I've updated on all my hard work sorting dang screws and nails!! I am finished and it is so nice when we have to look for one - love it when a plan comes together!
![]() |
| Good thing I saved those coffee cans - they work perfect! These are the screws - are stored in a filing cabinet |
![]() |
| the other drawer filled with nails |
![]() |
| For the random little bitties, we have these little boxes |
Now I need to back up a little bit for family news:
On April 15th Parker, Kendall and Eva sold their house in El Paso, and packed everything in their truck and food truck and headed to visit her family in Paradise. They plan to stay the summer-ish then move to Moultrie π€π€π€π€. They lived in their food truck for about 2 weeks, but just bought a camper (people are now selling the ones they lived in after the fire, so they were able to get a really nice one). They will be cleaning up their lot, and hope to get the food truck up and running. I know Kendall has loved seeing all her family! and I'm sure her family is thrilled to see little Eva!
News on Luke and Hannah:
Hannah, her mama, and sister-in-law, and 2 dogs (Jack & Sophie) left April 26th to drive both their cars back to California. She will be able to get into their house May 1st and furniture will be delivered soon after and she can set up house before BABY arrivesπ - which is due June 15th. Her mama is planning on staying with her until the baby comes - which is great! Luke was originally due back the end of May - we are still praying that this actually happens- but there has been No Movement orders for Military, so it has all been up in the air and changes often. So I pray, I ask you to pray, Pray that they get their orders SOON!! They are sitting on ready!
Hannah has been doing great!!! As I write this she should be entering into California and has had a good trip. Here is a picture of her from a photo shoot we did before she left π
![]() |
| Landry dreaming of when football starts. Just a dog and his thoughts π |
![]() |
| This cutie on Easter Day!!! |
![]() |
| those pigtails ππ |
![]() |
| πππππππ |
I have been seeing a bunch of post on IG of people making a Dalgona Coffee, it's served in South Korea and India. Anyone heard of it? tried it? Well, it is strong! I made it pretty easy, but then when I went to drink it - I couldn't π !! It is super thick, so I had to look up a YouTube video π to show me how to drink it π. It turned out pretty good, I added more milk as I drank and ice
![]() |
| It's cool looking |
![]() | ||
| SO GOOD!!! |
![]() |
| Also, I cut Tim's hair - twice. This is the first time |
![]() |
| Like a Boss! |
Well this one came on Thursday, April 23rd around Noon. Y'all! It was scary and it was 15 miles away from us (at the house)! I had my safe closet ready with flash light, phone charger, pillow, blanket, socks and shoes (always barefooted in the house - Tim asked if I planned do do exercises in thereπ), I store my bulk pack of paper towels in there, so that was my cover. Cindy decided not to come over and ride it out, I called Gerry and she had her closet ready, and she was staying there. Landry was down at her house, and she told me she had explained to him we were having bad weather and he needed to go home, but I think he was too scared to leave, so the second I got off the phone with her I yelled as loud as possible for him to come home!! The wind was really kicking by then, but he heard me and I think he was so excited to hear my voice, he ran at super fast pace, and was relieved to be inside!! He does NOT like bad weather! Our TV went out about that time, but the last I had heard was it was heading to Moultrie and would be here in 7 minutes - Yikes! Thankfully, Mackenzie, up in Forsyth, was watching and giving me play by plays. While I went from window to window watching, with Landry right by my side, Tim decided it was a good time to eat LUNCH!!! He sat right there at the bar and calmly ate lunch like it was just an ordinary day! Lawd help. Anywhos - I could see that dang big ole tornado from here!! It wasn't a funnel so I wasn't real sure, but all the pictures people posted, sure enough, that was what I saw! the tornado was registered as a F1- jumped through several neighborhoods, dropped and twisted 100's of trees- 100's!, trees landed on houses and vehicles, knocked over huge light post at the hospital, but luckily no deaths or injuries! It was a mess on the south and south east part of the county. It went over my cousins house and moved her car 6 feet!! Twisted the 4 post of her carport but left the roof in tact, but ripped out the underneath. One neighbor had a tree fall on their house and the other had tons of pines down. She lives a mile from probably the worst hit neighborhood. It is full of pine trees and they had them down everywhere - 100's down! Pictures were crazy. Still so thankful no one was hurt! Enough of this bad weather! ENOUGH
![]() |
| I always like to leave with a good feel picture π |
































No comments:
Post a Comment