Just a few updates on all things Route 3. First we have growth!!! The azaleas upfront are showing life - and that is a happy (and relieved) feeling! Now, the boxwoods will take longer, and according to my cousin who cut hers back just prior to us, it took about 10 weeks. We are just at a month now.

For the back yard, you know the big ole dirt yard we now have (eyeroll), we couldn't handle it. We bought 3 pallets of sod and had them delivered yesterday. Which I hope is going to be perfect timing, because there is a hurricane a brewing, and should dump rain on us Friday thru next Friday. I doubt it rains every day for a week, but if it does, then AWESOME! So Tim and I set off Wednesday afternoon about 5:30 and began. We finished just within 2 hours, with small break half way through. So not as bad as I thought it would be. I did take 10,000 steps during the process. When I started I was right at 5,000, at the end I was over 15,000. But that is a normal weekend day around here - easy. I think I was more surprised I had only walked 5,000 and it was 5:30 in the afternoon 😮! Anywhos.... I totally lost the sole of my tennis shoe in the first 30 minutes, so that was fun😵. Those shoes went in the fire when we were done.
 |
| before |
 |
| break time |
 |
| Done |
 |
| Hoping the St. Augustine will grow at least to the pecan trees |
This next picture is the funniest thing to me! This is a pure example of our different personalities:
 |
| after laying out 3 pallets of sod |
We did the same amount of work - if anything, Tim did more! Look at us!!! Tim- not a SPOT of dirt ANY WHERE! And as Parker pointed out, in light khaki shorts too!!! #neattothecore
Now, look at me- I am covered in dirt and mud, and this is after I had washed my arms and legs which were covered in mud! Seriously cracks me up! Now, most of you may think I am a naturally neat person - that would be FALSE!! Tim, is a naturally neat person! My mom and my sister are naturally neat people. Neat, organized, clean and orderly.... but myself no. As a child/young adult my room was a mess (mainly my walk in closet- a mess I tell ya). My desk, locker and such were always very neat (so I had it somewhere deep inside me). My car (which was my mom or dad's car - I did not have my own- but treated theirs like my own) was always clean - spotless. That's why Tim feel in love with me - my clean car - he never saw my bedroom 😆! After we married, after we had babies, being clean, neat and organized didn't come naturally. It was something I had to work and strive for, daily, and rarely ever achieved. So for all you new mama's out there - if you are struggling keeping that house neat along with being a good mama and wife, I get you! Just keep striving for it, but don't feel like you are a bad mama if not always achieved. I never felt like was all 3 things at one time (good housekeeper, good mama, good wife). I could do maybe 2, but for all 3 to happen at one time, longer than a week, was hard. I was always impressed with those people who seemed to be able to do all 3 consistently. Now, fast forward to the present, I have learned to be clean, neat and still working on the organized. But like I say, it is a learning and practiced process. I do love a neat house, but along with that neat house usually means an empty house. When the boys would come home from the military it was usually for 2 weeks. It took about 10 minutes for the house to be a wreck (which would take me a few days to adjust), but then when they would leave, I had the HARDEST time cleaning up, especially their rooms. Because I knew once it was clean it would be months, possibly a year, before it would be messed up again. It was always the worse feeling. So I treasured that mess as long as I could. It still brings tears to my eyes. Not sure how I got on this subject, all from me having to learn to be a neat person 😊. Now, I just miss my family😢.
I need to change the subject. Our other project we finished last weekend was a magnet board!
Thanks to Hunter who supplied the metal for the project! The wood is from the barn 💗
Still working on the project I posted last time. Hopefully in a week or so we will have that completed.
Oh, I did get my last Dustmade to your Doorstep back - y'all they are my fav 😍
 |
| Watering Can |
 |
| Little Dish |
 |
| Ring Dish |
 |
| Small vase (made with left over clay) This was all so much FUN!!! |
We planted 2 trees! One a crab apple tree - fruit bearing. Does any one remember the crab apple tree that was beside the clothes line? Tim remembers eating crab apples off of it, and has always wanted one. So, I'm happy we were able to finally find one! The other tree is a purple leaf plum (non fruit bearing). We don't know much about this tree, so will be exciting to see what it does. I just hope they live!
 |
| See the little bare tree, past the pallets, near the fence? That's the purple leaf plum |
And we have tomatoes!!!! 24 so far, and 2 are finally red and ready to pick!
While we are on the subject of plants. I am experimenting with my spider plant. It has all these shoots and I don't know what I need to do with them! So I put one in a vase of water and then stuck several in a pot. They both look like the are still living!! So fun to watch the one in the vase.
 |
| Feel free to come get one of these babies off this plant! |
 |
| This has been about 2 weeks, I think. |
Treasures:
 |
| These are the only 2 "treasures" we found when they dug up the back yard. Tim wants to know if anyone knows what the metal ring is?? He thinks he knows and wondering if he is correct. |
 |
| This is the other side of the white thing. It's porcelain. Does it look familiar? Could it be the top of a canister set or jar type thing? |
No comments:
Post a Comment