and that is just what is happening with my dream stay at home job!!! It's been a good... no-,make that great, awesome, wonderful - all the goods... 4 months. To be exact, 104 glorious days. Something I needed mentally and physically! My new reality started back mid August. I dreaded the fixing the hair, applying the makeup, putting on the real clothes.... ugh.... working at home has been SO NICE!!! I have realized I've gone through several stages of being home.
1st Stage: Started out exercising: stretching, yoga, walking/running on treadmill. Gonna get in shape!
Then I started several projects.....
When I realized my time could end at any moment (April), I jumped totally into project mode (which clearly kicked out the exercise! of course - story of my life)
2nd Stage: Projects- we did so many projects - it was great! It was fun! It kept us very busy...... but then we finished 😲 (May and June)
Then I thought I really only had a few more days or weeks. (At this point we are into the 3rd month)
3rd Stage: Vacation mode! (July) I put together tons of puzzles, watched lots of Hallmark Christmas movies (I know that makes me sound old, it took me along time in life to get to the point of being able to watch them, and now its just good clean movie watching, and Christmas in July - hello!! Doesn't get any better)
4th Stage: August hit, and the Christmas movies ended, there were no projects, no puzzles, so I realized I needed to get back on the treadmill and loose some of this stay at home weight I gained 😩. Now I need a good series to watch on Netflix to make me want to get on the dang thing everyday.
During this "stay at home" time me and Tim played a lot of darts (early on), moved on to learning to catch and throw a football. **I never learned to catch ANYTHING as a child, some how I skipped that child lesson which carried over into adulthood. Tim has been slowly trying to teach me over the years by tossing me keys or any object. At first, I freaked out and closed my eyes! After many times of him telling me I can't catch anything with my eyes closed... I gave it a try. I am always so excited when I actually catch something - it always amazes me!!!! So learning to catch the football has been a lot of fun. Learning to throw it has been a challenge that I am still working on, but getting better. I never learned to throw anything either 😕. I was borderline tomboyish as a child, but sports was not part of that- so go figure.** Then we started playing golf! It is our new passion, well my new passion. I played around with golf when I was a child, I literally grew up at the country club, going every single day from 9am til 7pm! Me and my friends had the best time every summer!!!! So many fun memories! I'm sure we drove the people at the club nuts 😄... so golf wasn't totally foreign to me, but it had been since I was probably 14 yrs old, so new to an adult (older) body. Anyway, I'm learning with a hodgepodge of clubs. Tim's driver (way too long), a 3 & 7 iron, sand wedge and a putter (all probably as old as me). So we are on the look out for some ladies clubs. When we can't make it to the coarse, some good ole yard golf is always fun to play!!! We make up games all the way down to Gerry's and back. I think Cindy's windows are safe from us - lets hope 😖🙈
We finally are having some work on the Pack House!!! Been A LONG time coming. We thought they would start the end of May, but rain delays, then work delays, then material delays (all covid related) held them up on other projects. So we kept getting pushed back, again and again. And still it has been a SLOW start! SLOW. So the first step was to seal in the underneath and get ready for front and back porches (not sure why this is first, but yet it is).
![]() |
| Just a reminder of the beginning |
![]() |
| digging the trenches for cement to be poured |
![]() |
| A few "treasures" dug up during the process |
After the trenches were dug, then a concrete base was poured. Now ready for the cinder blocks were the porches will go, they will not be seen. Bricks will be around the rest.











No comments:
Post a Comment