As excited as I am, it has hit me that I will be leaving our very first home we owned. It's where our boys grew into men. It's the home we brought Pete to as a puppy and then 10 yrs later had to say a very sad goodbye. We had very good memories in that house. We worked VERY hard improving it, inside and out. It was a perfect yard for the boys to play in, I'm just sorry we didn't move there when they were younger. It's front yard was a football field, the back yard was a baseball field- AND a perfect place for their most favorite game - Bucket Ball!!! A game they created :)
There was also a place for basketball. You could go fishing. Play golf. Climb trees. Play in a stream. Lay in a hammock. Relax in a hot tub. Go swimming...... wait, why did we sell?????
(Oh, yes.... yard work- ha! and the boys grew up and left, and the fact -it just felt right...)
Anyways, here are some pictures of our Tree Farm Road house:
 |
| Kitchen before the remodel |
 |
| Kitchen before the remodel |
 |
| Kitchen after remodel |
 |
| Kitchen after remodel |
 |
| Early on compared to..... |
 |
| ....after several years ..... |
 |
| .... to when we moved |
|
|
|
|
 |
Luke's room long time ago.....
excuse the bloody shirt😂 This was kind of like a trophy when he broke his nose. |
 |
| Luke's room before we moved. |
 |
| Parker's room, sorry I can't find picture of striped wallpaper with that dog border😑 If you look close, this was before we put up crown molding and you can see that wallpaper peaking out the top of the paint! And yes, I did paint right over that wall paper, because wallpaper should be banned from the earth!!! After picking an inch piece off at a time in his bathroom, I was in tears thinking I would NEVER finish! So paint I did - right slap over it. |
 |
| His room before we moved - actually improved some after this pic - got rid of the ole college futon |
|
|
|
 |
| The den - way back when.... |
 |
| This actually improved too, but I wasn't smart enough to take pic |
|
 |
| Bookshelves in the Den (aka 3rd bedroom upstairs) that Tim and I made from the old doors replaced throughout the house - smart uh!! |
|
 |
| Master - most fabulous bedroom ever |
 |
| The other side of the master |
 |
| Thru the years......Once the living room.... |
 |
| Living to dining....... |
 |
.....dining til the end....
This is Tim's Great-grandmother's table, buffet (on left) and china cabinet. G-mama and Grandma Gibbs had the exact same suite, so I know that it fits in the house perfectly :) |
 |
| the "back 40" |
 |
| pond |
 |
| barn |
 |
| side yard |
 |
| I will end it with this most favorite picture. Pete truly believed he was as human as his brothers (and cousin, John Buck)! |
No comments:
Post a Comment