Thursday, January 19, 2017

The little barn....


These are stories I know about this barn:
It began as a dairy barn (prior to Tom and Adaline buying the house)
Gerry and Susan had a playhouse in the back corner.  They would "cook" their china berry peas for dinner, the "peas" picked from the China Berry tree by the driveway.
Candi, when she was very young (and known for being a climber), climbed up in the barn loft and got stuck.  Stuck so bad, they had to call the fire department to get her down.  Which lead to the removal of the two lower rungs from the permanent built ladder.
Those missing rungs did not keep Tim from building a fort in the back of the loft (right above his mom's playhouse).  Later Brad joined in on the fort and made some of his own modifications.
Cindy housed and cared for her beloved horses, Flicker and Strawberry. 
Tim and Brad, also, kept their show steers and pigs at the barn.
For the grand & great-grandchildren, the barn was the back board of a basketball rim where many a game were played between Kyle, Hunter, Thomas, Luke and Parker, and I'm sure they let Rebecca join too ;)


I'm sure there are so many stories regarding this barn, and I hope there will be many more.

This was a clean up day we did Saturday, October 1, 2016:


BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER

Facts I would like to know:
What year was this barn built?
Was it really used as a dairy barn? If so, by whom?

No comments:

Post a Comment