Thursday, April 20, 2017

A little quick update....

on what's been going on.  I'm sad to say nothing too exciting!  Just the same ole fill the holes, sand the holes, caulk, prime and then possibly I will be able to paint!  I don't know why it is taking me so long - other than the fact I seem to not be able to stay in one room and just finish it!!  It seems to be the theme of the house :)

OK, my last post was asking about the microwave oven.  I haven't gotten any response!  I know that someone unplugged that sucker, so someone knows!!! 
So.... one morning when I woke up and was waiting for my coffee before starting to get ready for work- I looked at that backsplash and BAM... decided to remove it!! That way when I get home in the afternoon I can paint the wall.  Now, 1- the backsplash did NOT have to be removed to paint the wall.  2- it was before 7 am, I should NOT be doing construction.  3- Repeat, the backsplash did not have to be removed.  But there I was bound and determined to remove it.  The result:
A dang Hole in the WALL!!!!

Aye aye aye (in your best Ricky Ricardo voice).  Why, I ask, why????  Why do I do things like this!  I could have just simply been like a regular person and sleep-idly wait for my coffee. guh
Anywho, it confirms to me that there just doesn't seem to be a way that plug went behind that backsplash.

Back up in time to Master's weekend..... We always enjoy watching the Masters.  We don't watch it all, or every hole played, not even on Sunday.  But we do typically have it on the TV on the back porch, so its easy to catch a minute or two while we work.  Tim also always fries fish and we do always watch the last few holes!! I mean you have to see the end!  Well, this year we have no tv on the back porch, but I swore we could still fry fish..... until I went to find the fish frying pot.  It was no where, so I swore it was at Gerry's house... nope, so then it MUST be at my parents house (I mean it is a seasoned cast iron pot, I would not store it in a non climate controlled place- geez).  Well.... I must have, one day we will find it.  So no fish fry for the Masters :(   But we did go to storage and get our TV that goes in the big room and set that up!!!! Now, we have NOTHING else in the big room (oh- except the Refrigerator), so fold out chair will have to do, but we have TV now!  WHOOP
side note:  my dad gave us a frying pan, so we fried fish Monday- and they were DELICIOUS!! Thanks Dad - and Tim!!


Here is a before and after on the roof 💜💜



I'll leave you with a beautiful sunset



No comments:

Post a Comment