Friday, May 12, 2017

I have to brag on my Parker!

My sweet Parker graduated from ABAC!!!  Yes, it has been a long time since the first day he started, BUT he came back and finished!! And we could not be prouder!  AND  he made GREAT grades!!! whoop whoop!  All A's this past semester๐ŸŽ“๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽ‡  In between his beginning at ABAC and his ending, he has lived in Oklahoma, Texas, North California, and South Korea.  He has gotten to experience many different cultures, foods, people, weather, scenery, jobs etc......He has driven across country TWICE and seen tons of landmarks along the way! And in the wonderful process of life, he met Kendall๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’•, so it has been a win win!!!



With the good news also brings some sad news.  He and Kendall will be moving back across country to Paradise, Cali-for-ni-a.  There he will continue his education at Chico University.  Even though I will miss them greatly, I am excited for him to be in this next chapter in life.

Let me also brag on all the work he has done around here!!!  I do not know what we would have done with out him.  Parker has been a tremendous help!  Tremendous!!!  I just hate that he will not be here to see it all get built back and put together, and get to enjoy the fruits of his labor.
He is hard working, never complains or gets angry, just real easy going!  He is as strong as an OX which has been a huge help.  There is no way we would be as far along as we are now without him.

There has not been any "normal" since Parker and Kendall arrived - not their doings by no means!  We put our house on the market 1 week before they got to Moultrie.  So they had to live through the showing of the house, and the crazy mama that goes with that for 5 months!!!  Then they have been living through a remodel since Dec!  I'm sorry Kendall didn't get to experience normal life, a normal Christmas, or just any kind of normal while living here!  I have barely cooked any meals, or any of the extra things I may would have done. 

Speaking of cooking, I'm going to brag on Kendall now!!  She is an excellent cook!  She has introduced all kinds of new foods to us.  New spices, new condiments, new recipes, new fruits..... there are SO many things out there I had no idea about (like 90% of her normal foods are foreign to me- it cracks me up)!!! Also, I have learned there are many helpful small cooking appliances!!  She has introduced me to an electric skillet (I have posted about it before), an electric Wok (and the wonderfulness of using a wok), an electric rice cooker (I will have to purchase one of these), a Belgium waffle maker (verses my big old square waffle maker from 1950).
Everything she cooks is new and different.  It has been so fun!!! and so GOOD!!!  Even her tacos and spaghetti are totally different than mine.  She is also very creative, the other day Parker wanted banana bread, but we don't have an oven.  Parker tried to get her to cook it in the rice cooker, but she decided to make banana bread WAFFLES!!!!  YES yes and yes!!! So good!!
I so appreciate her cooking, for many reasons, but I have thoroughly enjoyed trying all the new dishes.  I must learn to make her fried rice before she leaves!!!  (I have to confess, since my blog about cooking, I haven't cooked hardly at all!!! I have to give all the credit to Kendall for coming up with dinner!  So, again, I want to give BIG OLE THANK YOU to Kendall!!)

We really have loved having them here and will miss them greatly.  It hasn't always been easy breezy for us or them, but I have loved it!!  I will even miss those 3 (THREE) sweet dogs.  I will not miss the hair and dirt tho - just sayin'.  4 dogs living inside a house is 4 dogs too many๐Ÿ˜… and yes I said 4, I know Landry will still be here, but at times 1 dog is too much inside too!
Here's those sweet babies wanting to come inside!  I missed the perfect picture when they were all standing up in a row and by size๐Ÿ˜ƒ  From left to right:  Wiley, Boomer, Cookie, and Landry (we have small, med, large and XL๐Ÿ˜‚)

No comments:

Post a Comment