Monday, May 1, 2017

Where the heck did April go????

How is it possible that May is here already???  Even though we didn't have any major big project to check off the list, I did have many little things!

First, we will start off with the last "event" that happened in the month of April, the farewell of Cindy's freezer.  Oh, no, it didn't leave here to go there - nope it went bonkers and died - killing all the food inside in the process!  It all started about Wednesday when I was standing by the washing machine talking to Cindy.  I kept smelling something sour.  I did have a few work towels sitting by the washing machine, which I knew were not wet, but it was all I could think of that was out of place and could possibly smell.  So after Cindy left, I washed the towels, yet the smell was still there, not bad but there.  The next night Tim and I were discussing the smell, but still couldn't put our finger on it.  By Friday night, we narrowed it down to the freezer area.  We decided something must have died under it, and that on Saturday we would move the freezer and clean under it.  Well, Saturday afternoon we realized that the freezer had flipped the breaker!!!!  So it was the food rotting that we were smelling!  UGH  So, we flipped the breaker to start freezing the food, thinking it may not smell as bad for us to remove all of it.  I mean, how does one dispose of a freezer full of stinky food????  Well!!!  At 4:00 am, I woke up (to go to the bathroom) and heard an alarm noise thru the house.  I checked the cars, it wasn't them, I thought it may be the freezer flipped the breaker again and that was a warning, but the breaker wasn't flipped!  So after pondering what to do for -like forever-  I decided I had to go wake up Tim (like at 4:02).  When we went back to the freezer, we touched the sides to see if it was cold.  It was BURNING HOT!!!  I guess maybe it sounds the alarm before it will flip the breaker and maybe that's what happened the first time and no one was home!  Geez   So we flipped it off, tried to go back to bed to deal with this tomorrow! 

1st time ever that this room probably hasn't had a freezer in it
The progress that was made was:
I am proud to say the tape off the windows is GONE!!!!  Whoo hoo!!! and a Whoop whoop!!!
That tape was put on by my dear ol' dad way back in NOVEMBER!!  I think he rather have his eyes poked out than to ever have to tape another window again!!!  I thank him big time for doing such a good job of such a boring tedious task!
Another success was checking off the repainting of the master bedroom!  They had taken off the door to put down the wood floor in the hallway, and then before putting it back, they moved it around the room while putting up the crown and baseboards.  In this process they scarred the walls in 5 different places!!
count them - FIVE!! Good Grief!!  (plus a small little hole)
oopsy!!!  bad thing is this wasn't done while painting! This was done with the roller in my left hand, while I reached up to wipe something - something that did not matter- off with my right hand!!! guh, the things I do
A major success was we put up some BLINDS!!!! YAY
Since DECEMBER y'all!!!  DECEMBER
Lookie!!!!
We also finally removed the plastic and tape off the stove.  We still don't need to use it because we can't splash anything on the unfinished floors, but it looks SO much better!!!!  SO MUCH

And we pulled the rocking chairs out so we have a place to sit and enjoy the view and breeze!!

We even enjoyed a little baseball action!







2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Tim in the rocker with a beer! I remember Grandma sitting out there shelling peas, and one time they made home made peach ice cream. She didn't have a beer with her, though. She and Grandpa would absolutely LOVE everything y'all are doing to the house. It's just so perfect, and I can't wait to see it in person!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a fabulous place to sit! My favorite spot. I can not wait til you come see!!! and homemade ice cream - YES!! Yes, I think I can see that in my future (I gots to get me a churn)

    ReplyDelete