Saturday, May 27, 2017

๐ŸŽถ I'm SO excited.... ๐ŸŽถ

I just can't hide it.....๐ŸŽถ  (did you sing it??? Can you feel the excitement?? If not, go back to the beginning and begin again๐Ÿ˜„).  This has been a fun week!

We now have carpet in the master bedroom!! So Tim and I will be moving in there in the next week!  We also now have new closet doors.  We are still working on maximizing the space in the closet - that we will share!  Been LONG time since we shared a closet ๐Ÿ˜•.

Next we have doors on the closets outside!!!!!  Can I get whoop!  This has been such a long process.  First we had to sand the metal door frames all the way down to get rid of rust and many layers of peeling paint.  Sanding proved to be extremely difficult, with Parker doing most of the work.  We tried every gadget that people swore would work, even bought airplane stripper, which was the winner (we just had to listen to a lecture of how it can burn off your skin if it got on you.....this is so true!).  Then one of the hinges was stuck- like frozen, all rusted, not moving!  The hinges are attached - like built into the frame, so no replacing them.  So for days I would go spray this stuff Brad had (thank you Brad!) on the hinge, wait 5 min and beat it with a hammer- with no movement!  But I would do it several times a day (did I mention how bad it smelled), and day after day it moved bit by bit and then finally it started working!!  So that took almost 2 weeks to accomplish.  So the door frames are finally ready to hang the doors - those doors which were ready in March๐Ÿ˜’. All this time while we were working on the door jams, the doors were totally off, so we have gone all of March, all of April, and almost all of May with NO doors- ever'body can see yo stuff! But not now๐Ÿ™Œ

THEN we had the fireplace mantel installed!!!!!  The mantel is a beam from the BARN!!!  I so love that we were able to use it and it looks awesome๐Ÿ˜!!!!


For the moment this is all I'm showing you!  If you want to see the whole thing, you will have to come visit!๐Ÿ˜‰
Next will be the delivery of the stove and the dishwasher!!!!!  The stove has to be here for the install of the countertop - which should be any day now!!!!!  Oh happy day!!!  Now, everyone say a little prayer that the stove and countertop fit tightly together.  Not many slide in stoves have the overlay cooktop (sits on counter)  like Grandmas did.  So this makes me super nervous.

But things are progressing nicely all of a sudden!  Now if we can just keep it going.

No comments:

Post a Comment