Monday, March 20, 2017

Cows :)

Let me introduce you to some of my new friends!!! First let me tell you I don't have much experience being around cattle or any livestock for that matter.  I always remember coming out to Gerry and James' or Grandma and Grandpa's and smelling them ๐Ÿ˜ฃ and always commenting on the awful smell๐Ÿ˜ท- Tim always replied "that was the smell of money"๐Ÿ˜.  I don't even smell them now - weird huh!

They have been very entertaining to watch and relaxing!  I grew up with my mom always making the comment every time we passed a pasture of cattle, "Don't the cows look so peaceful!" She always talked about how she would like their life, as they rested in the sun on a field of green grass.   (sorry mom if that's not exactly how it went - a little girls remembrance-  I do feel like I always understood what you meant tho)

Now if you are not use to being around cattle, then you probably aren't use to the noises they make!  They can talk to each other - or even yell at their owner to bring them some hay!!๐Ÿ˜‚ (I hope I get this on video- too funny). They can just make cow mooing sounds - OR  - they can make blowing noises...  When you are outside and it is pitch black dark, and you have just moved in and are new to this backyard, and something in the dark of the night- right behind you BLOWS!!!!๐Ÿ˜ฒ One freaks out, just a bit, and near about has a heart attack!!! Just sayin', and it has happened more than once! But, I am glad to say that after 2 months, I am no longer jumping out of my skin when I hear them!๐Ÿ˜Œ  
They like sleeping right behind the house, so that's pretty cool. 
Meet the Sisters!!!
They are always together.  Some times I can just tell they are telling "the news" or cracking jokes! They walk and talk and swing those tails!!!

This one is fascinated with Landry!! 
She looks at him like he's her long lost child! and wonders why he's on the other side of the fence.  She will get nose to nose with him (as long as he lets her) and just stares at him. 
She watches him all the time!

These are the TWINS!!!!!  
Pure white!!  So fun to watch them play and they are always together.
What is even cooler than them being twins, is the fact they were born about the exact same time as when we got the offer on our house!! Coincidence.....I think not!!!

These are the other "babies" in the group.  I can not tell them apart, but I swear one has girl eyes and one is a boy.  Tim doesn't think this makes any sense, like I can tell by their eyes๐Ÿ˜.  He just doesn't know them as well as me :)
Fact: Black cows are hard to photograph.

This is the only cow that is this color. Not much more to say about her.

one of the sistahs



Landry's "mama"๐Ÿ˜ƒ
*her hair is curlier than the sisters hair*  There are 3 this color.



As they walk to go eat and they watch us working in the yard :)

I often wonder what they are thinking when they watch us!
Landry looking over his herd๐Ÿ˜†
Amazingly he has done wonderful being this close to them.  We had NO idea how he would act.  He's a bit of a nut case, so you never know.  The very first weekend we were here, he figured out how to get in their field and, true to form for Landry, found the most stinkiest cow patty and DOVE right in and wallowed all around!!! I'm sure he thought he had found heaven!!!
Until....
we yelled and fussed at him all the way back home and gave him a bath in freezing cold weather 
with freezing cold water!!
Do you think we minded this - HECK NO!! 
It must have worked, because he hasn't done it since!  We had no idea this was even something to worry about and now didn't know how often it would happen, this dog loves stuff that stinks!! and he likes to stink with it.

The BULL
and The End๐Ÿฎ

1 comment:

  1. Ok, see now I'm just a mess over this post, because one of my favorite memories of Grandpa was him and me standing at the back fence with him teaching me how to call the cows. Needless to say, I sucked at it. I think the call was something like "coy" or "co-ee". Anyway, I'm glad they bring you comfort....And humor!!!!

    ReplyDelete