Thursday, March 2, 2017

Kitchen

Oh the kitchen๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ The room I love to look at๐Ÿ˜‚ and visit in๐Ÿ˜ƒ. AND maybe, just maybe, will learn to love to cook in๐Ÿ˜. But why mess up such a pretty room??  Oh, my poor family - I think I use to cook, I feel like I cooked all the time, but for some reason I don't have that reputation๐Ÿ˜ด

* We have removed all the cabinet doors. We will be keeping the cabinets and having new doors built.
* We have changed some base cabinets to drawers!!!! LOVE
* The layout is the same - minus 2 of the floor to ceiling cabinets to make room for door widening
* We have removed the really large vintage vent!  Gulp.  I almost tried at the last minute to get Tim to keep it (Tim wasn't even paying me any attention - it was a no brainier to him). A long time friend of mine (also my realtor) came to see the house and fell in love with the vent and wanted me to keep it and just update it - maybe paint it copper or stainless.  It had me thinking, for about a day, and 1 pitch to Tim.  I think we made the right decision by removing it.

Vent and lights gone, but now big holes left with a stipple ceiling to match...hum...
Plan A: sheet-rock over them, try to match stippling.... so far not impressed
On to plan B..... sheet-rock the whole ceiling!!!  Success!  notice the cabinets are primed, border down - thanks Candi, Gerry, Tommy and Susan for all that tedious scraping!!! ๐Ÿ’“
Widening the doorway
One of the many many places that our frig has called home! Ha
Some trimming
 

Still a work in progress ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 comment:

  1. Holy (explicative deleted) Hayes!!! It looks so different. The vent being gone has totally made it YOUR kitchen. And it looks so much bigger. I think you are right to have moved it, although a painted out hood would have been cool too. Good choice. It's looking SO good!

    ReplyDelete