Well no post recently actually means that I have been super busy. Slowly making progress. The workers came back Saturday to work on trim in the master bedroom and big room!!! Thank goodness - it's been a minute!
So that means that this week I have been filling in nail holes, caulking, and priming - oh yeah, don't forget about those dang stained doors that I have been working on almost daily for the entire month! Errr! But I am happy to say that I have only 1-2 coats left on only 1 door - so I am Happy Happy Happy!
When you put the math to it, that's 3 doors = 6 sides. 6 sides + 3 coats each= 18 coats (actually 20 counting the 4 coats on the big door). That is sanding between each coat, then apply a new coat, which takes about an hour for the whole process, per door. I can only do 2 doors a day, then clean up, so maybe 3 hrs total a day. Then repeat the next day. Doesn't sound too hard when I'm typing it, but yall! I'm tired! I'm tired of sanding, and holding that can!!! It makes my arms just plum tired! (It doesn't help that I'm super out of shape😢).
Then I proceed to the nail hole filling, caulking and priming job in the master bedroom. Now I am no pro!! and this seems like a mindless job, but when you have a pet peeve about things not being done just right (like nail holes that aren't filled where you can't see them) this job becomes extremely stressful! Because once you put the paint on it, it is done- in history! Permanent! Ain't changing! or getting fixed or better. Wouldn't that stress you out!! Knowing that you were the one responsible for such!!! ugh, its these things that drive me crazy in life- and when I have to say "just look away" or "its the lighting" 😠😃 or "quit looking so close, I'm not a professional" 😅 Keeping it real!
Anywho's, I am a terrible caulker too! I make a mess! I keep thinking I'm going to get better with as much practice I have had, but no, still awful! I spend more time getting it off the wall than I spent putting it where it belongs. I may would have thought everyone has this same problem, but 2 years ago when we did the other house and the 2 ladies that helped went to caulking it was AMAZING to watch!! I was in disbelief that it could go so smoothly- it really was just amazing.
This is what my hands look like each day when I'm done. Front and Back!! How the back???? Beats me! and Both hands! Don't know how that happens either. A mess, I tell ya!
It takes me 30 minutes to clean this stuff of my hands, seriously, it's a lot of scrubbing. The clean pointer finger is the finger that does all the work, I guess the others just want to feel important.
After, I get all cleaned up I go cook dinner!! (I only cooked 2 meals this week- which is a norm- and surely plenty) Wednesday - I did quit early to go see Beauty and the Beast with Sister, mom, niece, nephew and future niece-in-law!! Movie was excellent. I wasn't going to go and see it, I didn't think they would do a good job. But it was great!! ..... so back to cooking dinner. In case you wonder (or not) where I do my cooking, let me show you!
The laundry room/pantry/kitchen!
We do everything in here, and I am so thankful to have this room with a sink!! And this skillet has been fabulous (it was Kendall's birthday present, so glad she asked and received it), it really opened up the cooking opportunities. If it were up to me, I think we would still be eating ham sandwiches, but she had vision!! So I have found all kinds of skillet recipes on Pinterest and really have enjoyed trying them out.
The prep station/washer and dryer! This night I was making Eggroll Skillet. 👍👍
Tonight I made Mexican Beef and Rice!!! It was 👍👍 x2!!! Winner winner chicken dinner!! I like it when a recipe is actually good and a success!
Bad news for the week, is that I'm no where close to being done!! I haven't even touched the big room!! I still have to paint the bedroom. And now that I think we figured out the "how to hang the blinds" thing - I have to paint all the windows- in the whole house, because I haven't😭 Why???? I have put this off long enough! I.Must.Do! Here's a few pictures to show updates:
No comments:
Post a Comment