The roofers are here!!! This was one of the first things we wanted to do! Due to this and that, and that and this, it has taken us forever to get here. But here we are! Seems like it has very long time, but I guess in the big picture, it really hasn't been so long.
I know one thing - we have made a mess of this yard!! Please forgive us Grandma and Grandpa! ๐ We promise we will clean it up and make it nice again.
(I think these workers thought I was crazy for taking pictures, so I tried not to take too many while they were here๐)
 |
| A tiny piece of History: See the "roof" above the brick? This was the original house, and way back then they used boards, like 1x4's, to build the roof (instead of plywood like we use today). I just thought it was neat to see them, and that one was painted green, which I assume was re-used from something else :) |
 |
| The screen porch is no longer |
 |
We had a little situation on this end. The very far left, the part hanging past the house, was not actually ATTACHED to the house๐ฒ!!! So they had to jack up that end, put support beams under rafters, then put plywood over rafters - and now it's all good. Except that threw off all the work they already did in that triangle part, so they will have to be taking some of that down and redoing it๐ฉ
Best quote of the day: "It's taking us longer to take off because there is 2 roofeses"!! No joke, roofeses- I've cracked up all day. A fact that everyone should know is if you ever need to replace your roof - NEVER put a shingled roof on top of another shingled roof (or roofeses). Doing so will rot the new shingles because moisture gets trapped between the two, and will cause the new roof to last only half their life span. Consider that your tip of the day! **Just remember- you never want 2 roofeses๐
|
No comments:
Post a Comment